How To Participate
The purpose of this event is to raise awareness and funding for the free mental health programs provided at Hoofbeats Sanctuary. We are asking every artist to donate one artwork. You may donate more pieces if you would like to. For every piece that you donate, you may also submit a piece on consignment. All works, whether donated or not, are eligible for the art prizes.
The maximum value of each work is $1000. The maximum size of all works is 1m x 1m.
Donated Works – Free Entry
You can donate one or more pieces of artwork (there is no maximum). Ownership of the artwork transfers to Hoofbeats Sanctuary on arrival.
If the artwork sells during the exhibition, the proceeds will be retained by Hoofbeats Sanctuary. If the artwork does not sell during the exhibition, Hoofbeats Sanctuary will continue to advertise the artwork until it sells.
Hoofbeats Sanctuary is an initiative of Kanyini Connections Ltd – a charity with Deductible Gift Recipient endorsement. All donations of cash or artworks are tax deductible. Please let us know if you require a receipt for taxation purposes.
Works on Consignment – Entry Fee is $30
For every donated piece, you may enter a piece on consignment. You retain ownership of the artwork.
If the artwork sells during the exhibition, Hoofbeats Sanctuary will retain a 25% commission and the remaining 75% will be payable to you. If the artwork does not sell during the exhibition, it is your responsibility to arrange for the collection of the artwork, from the Gallery, on Tuesday 7 May 2024. You may choose to donate the art to Hoofbeats Sanctuary instead of collecting it.
2024 Entry Form
Terms and Conditions
- Work in any media inclusive of painting, drawing, printmaking, mixed media, photography, digital, 3D and sculpture
- The Exhibition and Art Prize are open to all artists living in Australia.
- Works must be ready to hang (if applicable).
The Exhibition is open to all artists, however the Art Prize is only open to artists resident in Australia.
- Applications will only be accepted via the online entry form on this website.
- Applicants must have an email address as all correspondence will be by email.
- All entries must be received on or before the closing date, Friday 1 March 2024.
- All images must be a high resolution (300 dpi), .jpg file, less than 2MB in size, no larger than 1200 pixels on the longest side. The image must be of the work in its entirety (not including frame)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The entry fee of $30 per consignment piece must be deposited into our bank account at the same time your entry form is submitted. Please use your name as the transaction reference. Our account details are: Kanyini Connections Ltd BSB:63300 Account Number: 137521696
- Changes to your entry including artwork price will not be accepted after submission.
- All entries must be delivered to Cooroy Butter Factory on Tuesday 9 April 2024. No late entries will be accepted into the competition or exhibition.
- All works must be original works by the artist.
- All works must depict the theme of Seeing the Soul: The Human-Animal Connection
- Any animal/s and their human/s can be depicted – at liberty and without restraints of any kind. For example: Horses must be shown without tack/saddlery.
- All works must be made available for sale. Maximum sale price is $1000.
- All works must be a maximum of 1m x 1m in size
- All works must be made available for display at Butter Factory Arts Centre (the Gallery) during the entire period of the exhibition: from Friday 12 April to Sunday 12 May 2024.
- Although all care will be exercised in handling work, neither the Gallery nor Hoofbeats Sanctuary, nor any of its employees, agents or volunteer helpers will be responsible for any damage to, or loss of, a work however caused, whether by accident, negligence or otherwise.
- Each artist is responsible for acquiring their own insurance for the exhibition and for works in transit.
- Artists who are unable to personally deliver and collect their work need to make provision for the cost of packing, delivery, unpacking and repacking and return of same. Works will not be returned via courier unless prior arrangements have been made with the Gallery. All costs associated with delivery and collection of works are the responsibility of the artist.
- Artists authorise and agree to permit Hoofbeats Sanctuary and the Gallery and/or their agent to photograph the work, publish the photographs to promote the current and future exhibitions.
Delivery & Installation
- All works must be delivered to Butter Factory Arts Centre, 11A Maple Street, Cooroy, 4563 between 10.00am – 3.00pm on Tuesday 9 April 2024. Works may be delivered earlier, if absolutely necessary, by arrangement with the gallery.
- All works must be clearly marked with the artist’s name, address, the title of the work, the medium and the sale price.
- All works to be hung must be ready to hang. Two-dimensional works must be framed or a stretched canvas and fitted on the back of the work with D rings. Picture hanging wire/cord of suitable strength is to be attached.
- Photographs and other works on paper must be suitably mounted or otherwise prepared for display.
- The Gallery staff will install the works.
- The presentation of very heavy works and works involving complex installations must be carried out by the artists personally.
- Purchased works are to be collected by buyers from Butter Factory Arts Centre, 11A Maple Street, Cooroy, 4563, between 10.00am – 3.00pm on Tuesday 14 May 2024.
- Unsold works submitted on consignment must be collected from Butter Factory Arts Centre, 11A Maple Street, Cooroy, 4563, between 10.00am – 3.00pm on Tuesday 14 May 2024.
- Interstate artists should arrange for a courier to pack and remove the work/s during those hours.
- Works not collected, and in the absence of appropriate arrangements stated above at the expiry of a further one week, will be deemed to be the property of Hoofbeats Sanctuary.
- The judging panel will comprise recognised arts industry representatives and a representative from the major sponsor. Judges will be independent of artists, the Gallery and Hoofbeats Sanctuary.
- Artists and works must meet all the conditions of entry to be eligible for judging.
- The selection process is blind. Artists’ names will not be provided to the judges prior to, or during, selection. Artworks will be selected based on the information and the image provided.
- The decision of the judging panel is final, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- All winners will be announced at the opening event on Saturday 13 April 2024
- A People’s Choice Prize will be voted on by exhibition visitors, who will receive one vote form to submit for their chosen work. The prize will be awarded to the work that receives the most votes at the close of the exhibition on Sunday 12 May 2024.
The winner of the Major Prize will receive $2,500.
The Major Prize is acquisitive. This means that:
- the artist cannot receive both the prize money AND a percentage of the sale price if the artwork has been sold.
- for an artwork that was submitted on consignment and sold during the exhibition, the artist will receive the prize money only. The sale price will be retained in full by Hoofbeats Sanctuary.
- for an artwork that was submitted on consignment and not sold during the exhibition, the artist will receive the prize money and Hoofbeats Sanctuary receives ownership of the work.
- for an artwork that was donated, regardless of whether or not it is sold during the exhibition, the artist will receive the prize money and Hoofbeats Sanctuary retains ownership of the work.
The Runner-up Prize is acquisitive (please see above).
Highly Commended: $1500
The Highly Commended Prize is acquisitive (please see above).
Under 18 Emerging Artist: $500
The Emerging Artist Prize is acquisitive (please see above).
People’s Choice Prize: $500.
The People’s Choice Prize is acquisitive (please see above).
Art Prizes: All prize winners will be asked to provide their bank details. EFT payments will be made within 7 days of receiving the bank details.
For Sale of Consignment Works: As soon as an artwork has been sold and the buyer’s payment has been received, the artist will be asked to provide their bank details. EFT payments will be made within 7 days of receiving the bank details.
Copyright and Promotion
Hoofbeats Sanctuary and Cooroy Butter Factory reserve the right to reproduce images of all artworks for promotional and marketing purposes.
By entering an artwork, the artist agrees to allow Hoofbeats Sanctuary and Cooroy Butter Factory to publish the artist’s name, artwork title, artist’s statement and short biography in connection to their entry.